At the very heart of North America lies Brandon Manitoba, a city that has built its reputation on providing the atmosphere in which business can succeed. The city’s overall business cost competitiveness is consistently ranked in the top 10 of over 40 Canadian Cities and Brandon has been consistently ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Live in Canada.
The economy’s diversification provides an extremely stable and positive environment for businesses to compete within the global economy. Brandon offers a dynamic environment to grow your business. Rather than spending your time in traffic, Brandon’s maximum in-city commute of 12 minutes allows you the freedom to choose how you spend your time. Time to grow your business, time to spend with family and friends or time for recreation, the choice is yours in Brandon.
- Population – 46, 061
- 1 hour drive to the Bakken Fields
- Home to Canadian Forces Base Shilo
- Only Canadian city with a population less than 50,000 with a University, Community College and Emergency Services College
- Daily air service to Calgary
- Anywhere, anytime in under 12 minutes
- Average Cost – Single Family Home $249,807, 2 bedroom apartment – $773
- Median Family Income – $67,490 (2010)
- Average Household Income – $74,980 (2012 estimate)
- Disposable Income per household – $57,115 (2012 estimate)
- Regional service centre for 180,000 people
- One of the sunniest cities in Canada
- 17 km of river corridor and over 40 km of walking trails.
- For non-teaching hospitals in Manitoba, Brandon Regional Health Center offers the widest range of specialized services
- Research Centres in Agriculture, Geology and Ophthalmology
- Cottage country as close as 20 minutes
What should site selectors know about Brandon?
Source: Economic Development Brandon