If you are struggling to fill certain positions and are willing to hire Foreign Nationals the Brandon Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) may be of interest to you. The Economic Development Brandon (EDB) office will launch the new program mid December 2019; however screening employers for the pilot is already underway.
At this time entry level retail, hospitality and food services jobs are not eligible for the Brandon RNIP program.
The Brandon RNIP provides employers with the benefits listed below:
- No labour market impact assessment required
- Brandon’s Recommendation Committee determines the labour need validity as well as the fit of the Foreign National, not the federal government
- No fees for participating employers other than a small compliance fee should the employer wish the Foreign National to apply for a temporary work permit to allow them to work in Brandon while awaiting a decision on their permanent residence application
- No applicant age or country of origin restrictions
- Foreign Nationals already working in Canada on valid temporary work permits can use the RNIP to become permanent residents without leaving Canada
When the program launches, a free online job search platform will be available to connect Foreign Nationals with job opportunities. Information and the job search platform will be available at www.economicdevelopmentbrandon.com/BrandonRNIP.
If you wish to learn more about the Brandon RNIP and how it may assist you with chronic vacancies, please call 204.729.2127 or email Shannon at email@example.com so that we can schedule an interview at a time and location that is convenient for you.