2023-24 Business Achievement Awards Nominations
Nominations Now Open!
The Brandon Chamber of Commerce is excited to open the call for nominations for 2024 Business Achievement Awards!
Help us celebrate business success, innovation, leadership and contribution to our community! We encourage interested businesses to nominate themselves, or to nominate any qualified and deserving individual or business!
The nomination process remains simple– complete the nomination online or download the form and submit by email or hardcopy.
Step 1: Submit your nominee name
Step 2: Select an Award
Step 3: Tell us why you think they deserve to win (in 250 words or less).
It’s that easy!
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: December 15th, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
About Our Awards
The Brandon Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards recognize, celebrate and profile the accomplishments of member businesses and individuals. Awards are presented at the Annual Awards Celebration to held Thursday, May 2nd, 2024.
Business Person of the Year*
Business Excellence (Small & Large)
Outstanding New Business
Community Impact (Individual & Business)
Young Entrepreneur Award
Westman’s Top 4 Under 40
*Please note: A business may nominate themselves for an award, with the exception of the Business Person of the Year.
Complete the nomination online or download the form and submit by email at email@example.com or mailing to our office at 1043 Rosser Avenue, Brandon, Manitoba.
What you need to know
Awards Nomination & Selection Process
Nomination Committee & Selection Panel
- The Awards Nominations Committee, a sub-group of the Business Development Committee, is responsible for seeking and vetting nominations for eligibility.
- The Awards Selection Panel, chaired by the current past president, and comprised of five members at large, including at least two past presidents, is responsible for adjudicating the applications and selecting award recipients.
- The Chair of the Awards Selection Panel is responsible for recruiting a diverse group of members to the panel. Members of the awards nomination committee may not be a member of the Selection Panel.
- Nominators complete an online or printed nomination form which includes:
- Providing the nominee name and contact information;
- Selecting the award for which they wish to nominate;
- Explaining why the nominee is deserving of the award (in 250 words or less);
- All nominations received before the deadline are forwarded to the Awards Nomination Committee for Review;
- After the initial screening process of the nominations (for eligibility), nominees are then asked to complete a nominee application.
- All applications received before the deadline are forwarded to the Awards Selection Panel who will adjudicate the applications and select up to three (3) finalists and an award recipient for each category, to be voted on by the Chamber Board of Directors;
- The panel, if it deems appropriate, may recommend that an award not be presented;
- Nominees may be asked to be interviewed regarding the award;
- All information provided to the Nomination Committee and Selection Panel is kept confidential;
- All awards will be presented to the recipients at the Annual Awards Gala.
Eligibility, Rules & Regulations
- All Nominees must be, or employed by, a Brandon Chamber of Commerce member business, in good standing for a minimum of one year from the time of nomination, with offices located within the Westman Region;
- Selection Panellists and their immediate family, business partners, employers, and employees are ineligible from being nominated for an award;
- Current board members are not eligible to win an award and for a minimum of two years after being on the board;
- Where a board director has a current relationship to the recommended recipient (immediate family, business, business partners, employers and employees) they must declare a conflict of interest and refrain from voting on that submission.=
Rules and Regulations
- Nomination packages must be for one business only;
- A separate nomination package must be submitted for each award category in which the nominee is to be considered;
- Nominees may receive an award in one category only. If a nominee is a finalist in more than one category, their submission will stand in the category where they have achieved the highest score;
- A nominee may be moved to another category at the discretion of the nomination committee or selection panel;
- A business may nominate themselves for an award, with the exception of the Business Person of The Year;
- A business/person may be re-nominated in any future year;
- Award Recipients are eligible to be a recipient in the same category after 10 years;
- The Brandon Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to limit the number of selected nominees, and/or withhold an award in any category;
- Nomination packages will not be returned. Please do not include materials that you would like returned;
- Tapes, videos or other additional information will not be accepted.
Upon receipt of your nomination, the Chamber will notify nominees via email. Nominees will be asked to complete an award application or to be available for an interview for consideration by our selection panel.
Presentation of the Awards
Awards will be presented at our Annual Gala Awards Dinner in May 2024.