Nomination and Election Information
Serving as a Brandon Chamber Director is an exceptional opportunity to help foster the continued growth and development of a highly respected organization. While serving as a Board Director requires both commitment and energy, it is a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity and a great way to give something back to the community.
- Attend and contribute to eleven Board meetings a year (no meetings are held in July).
- Be able to give a two-year commitment as a director starting June of the election year.
- Be willing to attend and be a meaningful participant in various Chamber functions and committee meetings throughout the year.
- Support the Mission Statement of the Brandon Chamber of Commerce.
To be eligible for nomination to the Brandon Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors:
- You must be a member (or a representative of a member business) in good standing with the Brandon Chamber of Commerce.
- Any Representative from three or more different Chamber member businesses in good standings may nominate another member
The Nomination and Selection Process
The Brandon Chamber of Commerce holds elections for its Board of Directors in May of each year.
The nominating committee is tasked with selecting, vetting, and putting forth Board of Directors candidates for the upcoming board elections each year. The nominating committee presents a slate of nominees to the membership, at which time additional nominations may be put forward. A ballot, with the names of all those nominated, are sent to members who vote for their choice of candidates. Elected candidates are officially announced at our Changeover Luncheon in early June.
The President and Executive Committee are elected by the incoming Board of Directors during its first official meeting following the election.
For more information, please contact the Chamber office at 204-571-5340 or email@example.com.